- Clean Diapers
- Diaper Ointment
- Diaper Wipes (A warm wet cloth of cotton swaps may also work)
When its time to change your baby's diaper follow a simple process to do so efficiently and effectively. First off, lay your baby on his/her back and on a clean space. Remove their dirty diaper carefully as exposure to air may make males urinate. Wipe the genital area with diaper wipes or a wet cloth ans cotton wipes. When wiping females, be sure to wipe from the front area all the way back to avoid a urinary tract infection. Use ointment to prevent a rash from occurring, or to heal one. Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly after this process.
Diaper rashes are also a possibility among your little ones. Usually this happens from skin contact with a wet or poopy diaper. However, these rashes are usually mild and go away after a dew days. Here are a few tips when dealing with/preventing a diaper rash:
- Make sure to change your baby's diaper after imminently after bowel movements
- Wipe the rash area with warm water and a little soap (diaper wipes can be irritating) and apply diaper rash cream.
- Wash cloth diapers with fragrance-free detergent
- Let your baby go diaper-free for part of the day (this allows them to air out)